Friday, July 07, 2006

Trafalgar 200: The Crowds


I thought I`d post a small selection of highlights from Trafalgar 200 - for those of you who couldn't make the festivities last year. Trafalgar 200 was the celebration of the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar.

I was there armed with my camera of course. From the sheer number of people there, you could tell something a bit special was going to happen. First there was a re-enactment of the battle in old sailing ships just off Southsea, the entire fleet from around the world had gathered out at sea for a fleet review by the queen and it was all culminated by a fantastic fireworks display - probably the best I`d ever seen. The following pictures will show some of the highlights. I hope you enjoy them!

View Satellite image of the location of this shot @ Google maps.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Julia Copeland said...

Greeat blog I enjoyed reading

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home