Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Trafalgar 200: Darkness approaches


This was taken during the reinactment of the Battle of Trafalgar. Nelson walked through the crowds to meet a waiting boat - then he was taken to a mock up of HMS Victory (the real ship is actually on display in the Historic Dockyard and you can walk around it) and the battle commenced.

Due to the huge amount of people there is was rather a crowded event, people pushing and shoving to get to a good vantage point. I didn't stick around here for long and made my way to a deserted bowling green where I thought I might get some nice pictures of the fireworks. And I did ;)

View Satellite image of HMS Victory in Portsmouth Dockyard @ Google Maps.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

I love visiting The Victory when I am in England. Great ship. And I enjoy seeing the Mary Rose too.

I fancy there was a CGI of The Victory in a quick frame of the fictitious harbour of Port Royal in The Pirates of the Caribbean 2 movie!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Kala said...

you take amazing shots- the fireworks one are truly remarkable and nicely framed and displayed in your post

6:41 PM  
Anonymous hannah ferris said...

Good post

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home