Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Blue Building

This is the 'Blue Building' thats part of the Gunwharf Quays development. I`m guessing that its blue as a link to the sea - you can see the developers have followed the general rules of 'merging in with the landscape' (not quite) and using subtle shades (definatly not). Its actually an apartment block but looks like an office block. Personally I dont know what they were thinking...

View location of 'The Blue Building' at Google Maps.
This was shot before it was even built!

2 Comments:

Blogger Denton said...

The construction barriers look very familiar given we have many just like them ... The blue is nice. In fact I often go in search of color for my photos.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In UK blogs, I have seen many photographs of abandoned factories and office building turned into apartment blocks. Perhaps the new trend in apartment block design is abandoned factory / office - sort of a 'The Future Is Now' theme.

After the above attempt at humour, I must say that I am enjoying your photoblog. Cheers.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home